Lying in Southern Transylvania, at the cross-roads between East and West, the city of Sibiu was founded by German colonists near a castrum romanum in the middle of the 12th century. Documents mention it for the first time in 1191. According to the legend, colonists coming from Flandres and from Germany stopped here and two of their leaders stuck their swords into the ground with blades crossed. They made an oath to defend this land to the last drop of their blood. Two crossed swords have become the symbol of the city. This film highlights some of the great moments in the history of this extraordinary city and has been dedicated to its restoration.
Directed by Dumitru Budrala | Romania | 1998 | 45 min.